Sunday, July 22, 2007

Progress


As you can see, the plywood cladding is all on, and I've started the rafters. Finishing the walls took about ten hours, mostly on Saturday. Perhaps it wasn't necessary to cut the door and window openings so precisely, but it was one of the aspects I could get right -- unlike, say, perfect squareness -- so I did.

My assistants really wanted to be in today's blog photograph, but the pictures with them were all blurry and over-contrasted. Also Elliot had just gotten a splinter, or thought he had, and had entered a stage five trauma, which wasn't very photogenic. As we've had occasion to observe before, it's a good thing he's never going to give birth.

1 comment:

snobbyblogger said...

I like the little wooden face on the bottom, to the right of the door. Not intentional?
-a