Sunday, September 16, 2007

Progress


I finally charged the camera batteries, so you can see what's been done lately.  I finished most of the siding last weekend, and much of the fascia today.  (The tower has to wait until the gable roof is shingled.)  Not showing in the photo is the north side, the shingling for which is mostly complete.  It's still going to be a challenge gettting the place "habitable" before Sept 27th, but the project is moving along.

Yesterday a woman peered over the fence, while I was hammering away on the roof, and got my attention to ask, "Can I have your card?"  This baffled me for a moment, since I don't have any cards left, but then I realized she wasn't actually asking about my latest writing.  She suggested I change careers, which was a nice compliment, but at the pace this playhouse has been going, I'd have to charge about ten times market rate to break even.


1 comment:

snobbyblogger said...

Finally! Wow, I can't wait to move in! What a great compliment that woman gave you. With each house you build, you'll get better and better, right? New words I learned today:

fascia
gable roof

Keep up the good work, and go charge those batteries right now!

-faithful reader