Sunday, August 5, 2007

Groundwork Redux


Today I dug and set the piers for the balcony posts.  As with everything else, it went much more smoothly and easily the second time around.

Later I started adding blocking for the siding; trim boards will use up available 2x4s at the corners and along the doors, so I had to add more.  Installation halted when I broke the hammer -- the handle snapped as I tried to pull a nail I'd driven into a knothole -- but I was able to cut most of the pieces.  The tool casualty list continues to increase (drill bits in particular seem to have a high mortality rate).

I'm still not sure how to trim and construct the windows.

Posts will be less frequent now, I suspect.  The helpers will be around the house full-time, now that camps are over, so I don't expect to get much done in August.  A completion date of, oh, President's Day seems about right.

No comments: